Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thank You!

Thanks to all those prayers offered on LB's behalf today. This past summer her Dr. found some cyst on her thyroid. That sent us to an endocrinologist at children's hospital that seemed to think it was a hormone problem. That all tested out great except for one bone scan. She has had tons of test. She has been so brave. Today was hopefully the last of these test. A very long six months of pleading prayers and concern hopefully over...YIPPEE... They did another ultrasound to see how fast the cyst are growing then they gave her an IV with some medication to kinda stick to the thyroid. Last they took a long series of pics scans to make sure these cyst were benign. She sat perfectly still for such a long time and was so so good. I was thinking oh this would be so hard for A or C to sit this still for so long. I was so proud of her. We appreciate your love and concern. I know Papa has worried enough for the whole town. We will find out her test results next week sometime.

While I was at children's today and the last time I felt so overwhelmed with emotion. It is so hard for me to see all the sick kids all over the hospital. I immediately felt overwhelmed with gratitude for my children's health. I feel like we take so much for granted-our health being one of them -we are so blessed. My heart goes out to all the moms of these little angels struggling with health problems.

This blog is a little to serious for me! I need Katie to make me laugh or a field trip tomorrow to the pumpkin patch with 40 kindergartners. That should work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your back, babe. Today, John and I were at the OTHER Vand Children's Endocrinologist for diabetes stuff (the Coolsprings location, we saw the Nurse Pract. Ann V.) and he got confused as to which doctor he was at, and pulled down his pants to show his stitches on his hoo hoo to her. Needless to say, she just wanted to check his blood sugar and THAT sure was not the place to do it! We had a good laugh over this. He has the urologist tomorrow so perhaps he will offer him a finger to stick. Oh, and I have one more, still on John. Later that day, we were in Target and he informed me he was hot. I told him to take off his windbreaker while in the store, but he would need it for when we went back outside. He agreed, or so I thought, and I look back and he is standing in the aisle (candle section, if you need a visual) with his pants around his ankles. Evidently, he was going to walk around in his Elmo undies in Coolsprings Target to cool off!

Heather said...

We are praying all is ok. I am glad the testing is over.
Love you guys!

Unknown said...

We all have your back over here. I am so glad the testing is done.

Jen said...

We had no idea - hopefully all goes well.