A week and a half ago-Friday night Andrew was a Mitchell's getting ready for field night at MTSU...big night for middle schoolers at our school. Mitchell and Andrew were cutting a rug to 4 minutes to save the world...I guess Mitchell did some kind of high kick the same time Andrew went for a swing with his hands and bam......they hit...broken hand! All weekend...Andrew said it wasn't broken. He didn't want to go to the Dr. finally on Monday we made him go...yep broke. They wouldn't cast it because it was still too swollen so this past Monday he finally got his cast. He is eating tons of yogurt hoping the calcium will help him heal faster!! He goes back for another x-ray in a couple of weeks and is hoping for a quicker recovery than the doc. thinks! He is wanting out of the cast by scout camp! We think he should stick to wrestling and leave the hip hop dancing to his sisters! I can only imagine their dance moves! Today I thought he broke his ribs when he was riding his scooter...but luckily just bruised up! He's my kid that has broken all his toes and is always banged up and bruised up. No wondered we didn't think it was broke his pain tolerance is so tough he just kept going...hopefully it will be over for him soon though. He hates the cast. He said he might just take it off like his Uncle bill did when he was young...(I don't think so!)
4 comments:
bummer- but I think that's when you are supposed to break bones when you are young not 24 and have three kids. Andrew must have read the memo- not me. :)
well, The fiberglass casts were out when Bill was young but they cost too much. He had those plaster casts! LOL, those things fall apart just going near water. He wanted the fiberglass ones. Put Andrew in a plaster cast and Bill and I will be the first ones in line to help in soak that thing. rofl..
that sounds like it hurt!
I have never had a broken bone, though I have gotten hurt several times, and they were pretty bad...
Sorry about Andrew's arm. Your garden looks great, though!
Post a Comment