Friday, May 6, 2011

Week in review and lesson learned

I love Amy's week in review link so I thought I'd do it again!



We have had many many highs this week!
HIGH
In my 2nd grade classroom we have lady butterflies. It has been an amazing thing to watch and learn and experience through the eyes of my 2nd graders. We are all so excited. 



Our family has been the recipients of so much service from others. I do not say this lightly. I mean so many have offered help in so many thoughtful ways. My load has been lightened all week by these gifts of others. I'm so thankful!





another high....I was able to attend an amazing writer's workshop this week on Thursday and Friday. I got to learn some really neat  techniques to be a better writing teacher. The schools in the area picked a few teachers and they are training from each school. I feel lucky to have gotten chosen and  I loved getting to go and can't wait to try what I've learned.


High
I was so worried it would rain on our yard sale date. This morning as I left for work it began to sprinkle! I prayed all the way to work that it would hold off till night or even tomorrow night! 
A big high-for no rain today and beautiful skies!









Low


having to go to work today while my mother-in-law and brother-in-law worked our yard sale!
It was hard for me to leave!

The chairs at the conference
were murder on my backside! I am so sore from sitting so long!
Seriously! They were children's chairs and they were hard as rocks!




Lesson learned!
#1-butterflies-don't take for granted the small and beautiful creations of God. It is amazing to watch and be a part of!
#2-Service-listen closely to the Spirit and when a little thought comes in your mind about how to help someone-that's what they need at that time...listen! I am so thankful for those that listened this week! 
#3-Writer's workshop-free training-take advantage of all I can!
#4-rain-pray over all things. 
#5-hard chairs-don't make my students sit in their chairs for too long at a time!



Filled With Praise



1 comment:

Amy said...

Praying for good weather for your sale. I hope it goes well.

I love the thoughts about the butterfly...God's creations are so amazing!
Blessings,
Amy