Saturday, April 10, 2010

Say it isn't so!

Steve got a phone call Friday on his way to take the seminary kids to school from Grandma Janice's principle that she was really sick and that he needed to go pick her up. He was half way to school about 25 minutes from Grandma's work so he called me. I was taking the other kids to school and headed to my school. I quickly tried to hurry and re route then we were able to reach his younger brother. They took her mom to the hospital where she was admitted. She is having some stomach problems.  She will be having surgery either Monday or Tuesday. I spent the afternoon with my SIL, niece (the nurse one), brother in law and great nephew at the hospital-the others will be coming soon. I wish she had her spouse with her.
I hated being in that hospital it just brought back way to many feelings from Dad. I am absolutely a freaking basket case!  Not crying and carrying on....I am so mad!  I did ok there but now that everything has settled down the rage inside of me in insane!  I can't believe the crazy stuff that goes on at hospitals and the poor patients are at the mercy of  everyone I could probably go on for 20 blog pages but I will try and contain myself.  Grandma Janice is pretty amazing and tough.We love her. Leah Beth has been with her all day. I am so glad. She's our little nurse.  After I got home from the hospital I was in my room doing some homework. Andrew cooked dinner. I heard him call Ethan (our 3 year old nephew) to the table to eat. He ask Ethan to say the prayer and not to forget to pray for Grandma. The sweetest thing ever to hear your 14 year old son teaching his little cousin the words to say in a prayer. What a good moment to help settle all my rage!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So sorry another challenge has been added. You continue to be in our prayers. Love yous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Grandma Janice!! Tell her to feel better and i will buy her a new rain bonnet...stay in touch with me girl, let me know how to help...

Lindsey's Story said...

I'll let you punch me, if it will make you feel better!