Sunday, March 22, 2009

STATE CHAMPION!!!









































Today all Blake's hard work paid off. It was an amazing day --one of those days a mama will not forget! I wanted to write about it while the feelings are fresh!

Blake has had an amazing season! He started out this year wrestling for the middle school. He told me all summer this was going to be his year! I have to say...I was proud of his desire but I felt nervous for him. Compared to years in the past...he won some but nothing really major!!! I seriously had my doubts! As he started out the year he decided on his own to cut out sugar and junk from his diet and eat healthy during the weeks when he had big tournaments. He took salad, fruits, whole wheat wraps and veggies in his lunch box. I was amazed. I couldn't even eat as healthy as he was eating. He said he could tell a big difference when he ate well and got enough sleep! He didn't loose any of his middle school matches the whole season. AAU season started with a bang as soon as middle school ended. I was tired....feeling done I really pushed for him to take a break. He said he wanted to try for state!!! He went on match after match...ended up loosing only 3 matches during AAU! But he still kept pushing on! Soccer season started and I really expected state to go by the wayside...still he pushed and worked harder! He would go to soccer then have a high schooler to work him out for wrestling! Running on the weekends, working out in the garage-he was persistent and proved me wrong.
I can't believe his desire and motivation. He has been an amazing example that we can do anything if we put our mind to the task! Today Blake won first place at state. It was a special moment for our whole family-Leah Beth, Caroline, Andrew, Uncle Bruce, Parker , Steve, and I couldn't sit still. Tears of joy and excitement for this amazing hard working 14 year old filled the gym as friends and family watched him succeed to something he had worked so hard for. Blake, you are truly incredible! Everyday I watch you in wonder! Way to go! Like Uncle Bill says sometimes you have to loose to win...all that hard work from last year and loosing made you decide you wanted to win and today you put the theory to the test. We are so proud of our state champion!

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

WOO HOO!! We are so proud of you Blake!!

ANd you looked so cute dancing with Rachel last night!!

The Peters Family said...

YEA! Congratulations, Blake!

Heather said...

Way to go Blake!!! We are proud of you, too!!!

Jen said...

Wow! That is an incredible story! I can only imagine all the excitement that filled the room! AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Blake!! The Cramers think you are sooooooooo COOL!

McKenzie said...

I am so excited for Blake!! I cried as I read your post. I can't wait to tell Zack. He will be so excited. I love the picture of Steve and Blake. I can't wait to see how Blake does over the next four years. Blake is such an awesome kid! I can't wait till he's ready to coach some of my boys :)!

Cynthia said...

I forgot to mention something last night....




Happy Birthday Andrew!!!!

Lila said...

this is amazing! what a hard worker (maybe he's motivated by his mamma going back to school and not giving up? ;).
CONGRATULATIONS!

Sandy said...

way to go blake...you are my number one fan...
mrs. sisk

Anonymous said...

You don't know be but I too am proud of you! I had a son who was a wrestler in HS and I know it takes a lot of work. I am proud of you too mom. I don't know that I have ever been to a more emotional sporting event as a "cheer leader" than wrestling. Congratulations all around!